Hunting and Fieldsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to photograph a robin and other birds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shhhh
poachers cadet
poachers cadet
shhhh

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-11-14

How to photograph a robin and other birds Empty
PostSubject: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:35 pm

Learn from the best cheers I think my robin How to photograph a robin and other birds 329942 all over the other robin pics up here! lol!
I will trade my top photo tips for some good poaching coaching!

a fine robin pic... if I say so meself

How to photograph a robin and other birds Dscf0010

a nosey scottish gull

How to photograph a robin and other birds Dscf0011

A macro dragon fly thing

How to photograph a robin and other birds Dscf0013

and a nice close up of a cock lol!

How to photograph a robin and other birds Dscf4010

Taken with me old fuji! Please send me a fab prize Basketball

Thankyou and goodnight! flower cheers

see Smashy, a steady hand works wonders lol!
Back to top Go down
smashygadge
Admin
Admin
smashygadge

Male
Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:26 am

oh i do like them piks i do
the gull is a picture in its self ,like that
the robin is no better than the quality of mine .
did you see how i took the distance shot lol
and i was the first .
just copy cats .and as for poaching well thats secret knowlege lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntingandfeildsports.com
shhhh
poachers cadet
poachers cadet
shhhh

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 6:29 am

lol! aw thanks smash.... I know my robin pic doesnt match the quality of your shot and it is but a pale imitation...

I am trying to perfect the art of the shaky distant shot, but guess I got a way to go! Do you use a special lens for that?
Back to top Go down
IRISH PUP
IRISH PUP

Male
Number of posts : 1572
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:02 am

lol! lol! great pics there nat...1st prize deffo to you Wink
Back to top Go down
shhhh
poachers cadet
poachers cadet
shhhh

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:14 am

IRISH PUP wrote:
lol! lol! great pics there nat...1st prize deffo to you Wink

cheers cheers IP, Smashy's been giving me lessons Wink
Back to top Go down
IRISH PUP
IRISH PUP

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:20 am

well them lessons are working cause there some SMASHING pics Laughing Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
shhhh
poachers cadet
poachers cadet
shhhh

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:33 am

I like taking pics, I got a new camera recently, but I dont know how to use it yet. I hate reading the instructions - attention span of a goldfish me lol!

I thought it was called a canon D80, I only realised other day it was Nikon cos it had it on the strap all big and yellow!...

I gotta learn to pay attention lol!
Back to top Go down
IRISH PUP
IRISH PUP

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:37 am

shhhh wrote:
I like taking pics, I got a new camera recently, but I dont know how to use it yet. I hate reading the instructions - attention span of a goldfish me lol!

I thought it was called a canon D80, I only realised other day it was Nikon cos it had it on the strap all big and yellow!...

I gotta learn to pay attention lol!

lol! lol! i dont do instuctions either lol! well i bet its a good one anyway nat...whatever the make Embarassed Embarassed

looking forward to some nice pics...what kind of lens came with it?
Back to top Go down
shhhh
poachers cadet
poachers cadet
shhhh

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:39 am

oooh I dunno... hang on I'll have look lol!
Back to top Go down
IRISH PUP
IRISH PUP

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:42 am

shhhh wrote:

lol! lol! you really looked at what you were buying Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
shhhh
poachers cadet
poachers cadet
shhhh

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:44 am

nikon 55-200, think that is just like normal... but other half has got some lens that will fit it too. A macro one, and erm, one of the big ones for things far away!

I'm crap at the technical stuff cheers I just keep pressing and guessing, bit of a fluke photographer, me Surprised
Back to top Go down
shhhh
poachers cadet
poachers cadet
shhhh

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:48 am

IRISH PUP wrote:
shhhh wrote:

lol! lol! you really looked at what you were buying Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed

lol! Shut up IP, the man in the shop, said it was just what I wanted ! sunny I know i'm a dizzy cow, dont rub it in lol!
Back to top Go down
IRISH PUP
IRISH PUP

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:53 am

shhhh wrote:
nikon 55-200, think that is just like normal... but other half has got some lens that will fit it too. A macro one, and erm, one of the big ones for things far away!

I'm crap at the technical stuff cheers I just keep pressing and guessing, bit of a fluke photographer, me Surprised

the 55-200 should be good for the far away shots as the normal lens are usually 18-55mm...thats the one i have but will upgrade to a 75-300mm when i get it as a x-mas pressie Laughing Laughing think you have got a good selection of lens there for everything...not an expert as im new to this stuff but think the 200mm lens is for action shots...but if you have a more powerful lens then that would prob be the best....

sounds like you have a very good set up there and looking forward to some photo,s...
bet there will be good un,s

regards IP Wink
Back to top Go down
shhhh
poachers cadet
poachers cadet
shhhh

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:57 am

IRISH PUP wrote:
shhhh wrote:

the 55-200 should be good for the far away shots as the normal lens are usually 18-55mm...thats the one i have but will upgrade to a 75-300mm when i get it as a x-mas pressie Laughing Laughing think you have got a good selection of lens there for everything...not an expert as im new to this stuff but think the 200mm lens is for action shots...but if you have a more powerful lens then that would prob be the best....

sounds like you have a very good set up there and looking forward to some photo,s...
bet there will be good un,s

regards IP Wink

I need to learn about the lenses Embarassed my trusty fuji just had the one that was stuck to it! it was easy to use
Back to top Go down
IRISH PUP
IRISH PUP

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:02 am

think like everything nowdays they over complicate stuff....looking at some camrea,s these days youd nearly want to do a weeks course just to learn how to turn the bloody thing on.... Laughing Laughing

think its just all practice and think ill get the hang of the one i have some day in a few years Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
shhhh
poachers cadet
poachers cadet
shhhh

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:06 am

Yeah, you will Wink can see you getting better already with it. theres some great action shots youve taken! cheers
Back to top Go down
IRISH PUP
IRISH PUP

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:10 am

thanks nat but just blind luck with them Laughing Laughing think once i get a better lens then they will improve.... Wink
Back to top Go down
smashygadge
Admin
Admin
smashygadge

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:02 am

certainly missed out on that topic conversation
thank feck i missed that Rolling Eyes no it alls lol!
Back to top Go down
shhhh
poachers cadet
poachers cadet
shhhh

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:09 am

lol! Oooooooh you can be so bitter lol!
Back to top Go down
smashygadge
Admin
Admin
smashygadge

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:12 am

sorry not bitter
my dry sarcastic humour creeping threw their .
and i didnt understand a word of the tech detail no lol!
Back to top Go down
shhhh
poachers cadet
poachers cadet
shhhh

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:17 am

neither did I lol!

drunken < me silly!
Back to top Go down
smashygadge
Admin
Admin
smashygadge

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:23 am

i cannot disagree their
but thats another topic completley
and i dont want to spoil such an artistic thread lol
no quality images you have my approval to post more jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to photograph a robin and other birds   How to photograph a robin and other birds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to photograph a robin and other birds
Page 1 of 1