Hunting and Fieldsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Empty
PostSubject: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:30 pm

well we got out the other day with robw,oh stuff it i will go and paste his topic and ask him to join here,mark Headed over to Cornwall after the missus got in from work on Monday to get some lamping in before the moon becomes a real pain in the arse. I took all the dogs as i was planning to stay out the remainder of the night and go straight into ferreting tuesday day.

Got there near 2am and headed out for a shine, mainly to give Flyn some more runs but also Tia and Blue. It was the first time Tia has had the chance to run this season due to one injury or other and she has been cranky for it now for some time so figured a day and night out would solve her burning desire to get out there!
We tried walking a few farms but we were really struggling to find any rabbits so resulted in working the dogs, mainly Mark's Cat and my Flyn from the truck although I gave Tia a mile or so and she caught very well straight from the off showing she has the skill still to take rabbits - be that in full flight, or from cover. Her first rabbit she took was from a strip of grass no wider than 30 ft wide that she turned from one edge to the other until i thought the rabbit had made safety.....then tia emerged from a bush with her trophey Was really chuffed.....no need to blow her cobwebs away...just a matter of fittnes which proved to get the better of her as the night went on. Her lad course saw her put in a last bid dive to get the rabbit only to come away with a tuft of fur....and a nice rash / graze up her foreleg from the cut wheat stalks....

Like i said we mainly ran Flyn, then Cat, and sometimes paired up. Flyn proved again he really has got the knack of working the bunnies over until the time is right for him..and every one Cat failed to prosectue in cover, Flyn made good. Blue had a couple of nice long runs, but for me the night went to Flyn again.

We took 31 rabbits across several farms, and didnt miss to many either, our greteast problem was finding them, and we wondered if the late start might have seen alot of rabbit feeding early and not out for us? Any one else noticed similar before??

Got back just before suinrise, took some breakfast and refreshment on board and gave the dogs some food / rest, then headed out with the ferrets and dgos for a days ferreting, which was the main item on the agend and purpose for being there.

Like the lamping, the ferreting was really slow going. Al the usual good spots, were producing just the odd rabbit, and the ehdgerows we tried had too much cover over them still meaning the rabbits simmply wouldnt leave the cover and bolt free. In the end we finished early, with just six ferreted rabits, one that was dug too, and luckily missed none....Got some nice spots identified for later in the year, and some that when cut back should hold a good days sport
Took a few pics, and then some of MArks dogs...his pack sems to be growing by the week at the minute...but then what else has he to do with his time but walk dogs....lol pics will follow shortly,wrote by robw iam sure he wont mind me pasteing his storey,mark
Back to top Go down

a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Empty
PostSubject: Re: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:47 pm

a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08004 a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08020 a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08033 a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08032 a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08042 a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08049-1 a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08054-1 a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08052 a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08056 a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08070 a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08078 a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08101 a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Marks3Nov08108
Back to top Go down
IRISH PUP
IRISH PUP

Male
Number of posts : 1572
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:56 pm

good read and pics mark...and getting this tread off the ground...

regards IP Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:59 pm

cool! wots the white eyed dog? looks nice :+':
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:26 pm

looks like we're partners mate,whos nare the other dogs in the pic, scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:48 am

partners in crime jocolor jocolor jocolor lol! howz it goin mate see galloway locked a thread yesterday when your name was mentioned,mark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:50 am

poacher boy wrote:
cool! wots the white eyed dog? looks nice :+':
the white dog is bred by someone called farmer of the hunting life maybe he should be sent the link to see her progress its a gh,whippet/bullx gh wheaton,and 9 month oldmark
Back to top Go down
Rob
rookie hunter
rookie hunter
Rob

Male
Number of posts : 3
Location : south..were rabbits know how to run for thier lives..
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:47 pm

Fecking hell, first post i read as a new member and already i see i am a victim of Plagersim....get me a moderator quick!! affraid

lol!

Was a good day out, although i hear down the grape vine that the host was a little tired that evening.....and hasnt offered a repeat night/day outing to me......whats up fella, need your beaty sleep or your dogs not fit enough Very Happy

Nice forum by the way...cheers for the link alien

a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day MarksNov056

a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day MarksNov053

a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day MarksNov055

a man with too much time on his hands.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:06 pm

"Time wot is spent not 'unting is time wot is waisted" . a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day 310693
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Mark,nice catalogue-pose in those pics,Marks &Sparks want you to model their outdoor clothing range next year Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:31 pm

well you never know mac what happens of now got an appointment no internet for 24 hrs mate and nice to see you rob put some stories up you got plenty lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
valleylad
valleylad

Male
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:29 am

i went longnetting wensday night had 9 rabbits my pal just got 1 of those quick drop net they pretty good i was suprised how easy it was to drop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day   a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a day out longnetting and lamping for a few hours before we started the day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hunting and Fieldsports  :: HUNTING & FIELDSPORTS :: Longnetting-
Jump to: