Hunting and Fieldsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A little help please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallop
rookie hunter
rookie hunter
Wallop

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-12

A little help please Empty
PostSubject: A little help please   A little help please Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 3:09 am

I keep my dogs outside and everything has been fine up until recently.
I have a dog and a bitch and for some reason the dog has taken to pissing on his bed. He won't do it on the bitches bed just his??
I know that they like to mark territory..... It's just a nightmare as he sleeps in it and I have to change it every morning.
Obviously I'm not in there with him so it's hard to stop.

Anyone with any ideas???
Back to top Go down
lurcher-lass
Admin
Admin
lurcher-lass

Female
Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: A little help please   A little help please Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:27 am

Sounds like hes warning the bitch of his bed, or maybe letting her know he is the boss. is the bitch maybe coming into season???
Back to top Go down
Wallop
rookie hunter
rookie hunter
Wallop

PostSubject: Re: A little help please   A little help please Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 1:01 pm

No she's not due for a while..... and she is by far the top dog in that kennel Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little help please   A little help please Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 1:09 pm

does she bully him ? ...... maybe he's afraid to come out of his bed for a slash ! perhaps try seperating them for a few days . see what happens then.
Back to top Go down
Wallop
rookie hunter
rookie hunter
Wallop

PostSubject: Re: A little help please   A little help please Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:22 am

I wouldn't say she bullies him Jimmy but she is top dog... it seems a hard one to put right
Back to top Go down
SNARE
rookie hunter
rookie hunter
SNARE

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: PISSING THE BED!!!!   A little help please Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:31 pm

ITS THIS TIME OF YEAR ALOT OF DOGS DO THIS, ITS BECAUSE HES COLD, IT WARMS THE BEDDING AREA UP(NOT FOR LONG THO) SO HE WILL KEEP DOING IT.
LOWER THE HEIGHT OF THE KENNEL ROOF (SLEEPING AREA) SO HE CANT STAND UP FULLY, THIS HAS WORKED FOR ME EVERY TIME IN THE PAST, DOGS & BITCHES. A DOG WONT PITTLE LYING DOWN.... UNLESS DIEING OR ILL.... FACT!!!
Back to top Go down
shephound
rookie hunter
rookie hunter
shephound

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: A little help please   A little help please Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:18 am

agree 100% snare put in a false ceiling so the dog can get into bed but cant stand up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little help please   A little help please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little help please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hunting and Fieldsports  :: OTHER TOPICS :: Working Dog Health & Training Talk-
Jump to: