Hunting and Fieldsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starlings for eating.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Starlings for eating. Empty
PostSubject: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:53 am

With a lot of starling dishes you have to bone the birds and a few recipe's for starling also roll them in egg then breadcumbs,here's a quick couple for you and i do have 21 recipe's for starling's in all ,so if these are good for you and you want more just ask. Laughing
Starling Crapaudine
Clean and bone your starlings,brush them inside and out with melted butter,fold in three and wrap each in bacon.Roast in a sharp oven for no more than 15 minutes,take them up,press flat so they will lie snugly in cases of fried bread,top up with rich mushroom sauce and serve.
Starlings Broiled
Clean one starling per person,cut off heads and legs to the knee joint.Truss quite firmly,dip in well beaten egg and roll in fresh breadcrumbs,dab well with melted butter and broil over a clear fire(a hot clean barbee should do)or under a pre heared grill,serve on buttered toast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:22 am

is this the ye ol reserpie book mate? sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:00 pm

Yeah mate,whacky isn't it?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Used to cook blackbirds and thrushes on camp fires when we were kids,always managed to burn them but we still ate the little charcoaled corpses,best was to catch them was roost shooting at night or in a mist-net Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:49 pm

Says in my book about blackbirds to skin them then dip them in egg and breadcrumbs and fry in butter for most dishes,cut the blackbirds in half to make a pie and layer it with veal forcemeat and chunks of steak,moderate oven for 1 1/2 hours.The 4 and 20 blackbirds in a pie they used to do in the middle ages and they would bake a pie topping then put in the live birds for a table display sort of thing,sometimes they would make a big pie and a dwarf would jump out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:19 pm

mackem wrote:
Used to cook blackbirds and thrushes on camp fires when we were kids,always managed to burn them but we still ate the little charcoaled corpses,best was to catch them was roost shooting at night or in a mist-net Embarassed
fuck sake you to,couldnt nick a can of beans out your mums cupboad??? can see steve now,hanging out the window shooting them off the bird table on a cold day, lol! sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:29 pm

Recon it would be Dove first if you came round ooty. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:54 pm

Nick a tin of beans from my mums cupboard Oots,f**king hell,our house was always like old mother hubbards,the cupboards were bare mate Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:54 am

mackem wrote:
Shocked Shocked can get me hands on a mist net Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:01 pm

I still have a few mist-nets in the loft Oots,next time I am abroad I am going to get a duck flight-net,used to really enjoy that Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 5:41 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

got one some were me dad used to catch sparrows years and years and years ago
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:35 am

Only problem with them is they are fragile,the smaller sizes if you get anything bigger than a blackbird in it they will tear holes Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starlings for eating.   Starlings for eating. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starlings for eating.
Page 1 of 1